Puff Pastry Cream Cheese is a Christmas recipe. A wonderful alternative to baked Brie, this dish packs lots of flavor. It’s easy to make, yummy, and looks like a million bucks. Ingredients and simple directions:
PUFF PASTRY CREAM CHEESE
- 1⁄2 pound bacon slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 egg
- Crackers, mini toasts or fresh vegetables
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and black pepper; cook until the slices are translucent. Remove the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, reserving 1⁄4 cup of the drippings in the skillet.
- Place the skillet over medium heat; add the onion and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Return the bacon to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is richly browned and the bacon is crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon and onion from the skillet.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl using a mixer at medium speed. Add the Cheddar, Parmesan, dill weed, garlic powder, paprika, and bacon mixture; beat until well blended. Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a clean work surface, reserving a 1⁄4- inch strip to use for decoration, if desired. Place the cheese ball in the center of the pastry sheet and fold the edges over, pressing down lightly to flatten the cheese ball. Arrange, seam side down, on the baking sheet. Shape the reserved pastry strip into leaves, if desired, and arrange on top.
- Combine the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; whisk until well blended. Brush the top and sides of the pastry with the egg wash, taking care not to let it drip on the parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with crackers, mini toasts, or fresh vegetables.
This recipe makes 14 servings.
Follow this simpe directions carefully. Hope you like this Traditional Christmas Recipe. Wish you all Marry Christmas and Happy New Year. Emely.